Octwelve – A Web Designer's Blog by Luc Melgar

Logitech VX Revolution-mouse for graphic design

February 11th, 2008 · 8 Comments

About a month ago, I picked up the Logitech VX Revolution cordless laser mouse. It is the laptop version, the little brother of MX Revolution mouse for desktop. Logitech labels the MX Revolution to be “the world’s most advanced mouse” and so for the VX, it’s the ultimate laptop mouse.

Logitech VX Revolution mouse

I bought this to use with my Vostro 1700 laptop but I found my hand so comfortable with it, I’m now using it as my primary mouse for desktop. The precision is excellent. I use it a lot with graphic designing. VX Revolution is not as small as all other laptop mice but it’s not a full sized regular mouse either. Its size and ergonomic design fits nicely with my small hand.It has a lot of cool features and my favorite are:

• MicroGear™ Precision scroll wheel – which lets you scroll documents really fast. It’s really handy if you’re scrolling with long documents like ebooks or scrolling a long blog.
  • One Touch Search – A very helpful button which allows you to open your default browser. You can also set which search engine you want to load with the browser. Another cool thing is when you’re browsing and you came across a word or a phrase that you would like to know more about, instead of highlighting and copy pasting, you can just highlight it and click the one touch search button.
  • Storable micro receiver – The usb receiver is really small and VX Revolution has a little compartment where you can insert it when not use. It’s a very slick new feature from Logitech.

VX Revolution storable micro receiver

Two more buttons that I use are the Zoom In – Zoom Out button which I only use when I want to increase the text of a web page. Then there’s the Back/Forward button that I use to navigate web pages back and forth.

Price: Php 3650. It’s a bit expensive but it’s worth the investment.

Overall, I’m really happy with my new mouse. It looks really nice, comfortable, filled with cool feature, cordless, and it just works well. :)

Technorati Tags: , ,

8 responses so far

• Kate says:
    Feb 11, 2008 at 4:07 pm

Hi Luc, love the site and thanks for sharing your views. I’ve been on the lookout for a good, portable, graphics mouse and I might just give the VX a try.

• BrazenLass says:
    Feb 15, 2008 at 7:58 am

this looks really good!.. :)

• Rico S. says:
    Feb 21, 2008 at 10:44 am

For the more budget-conscious, A4tech has a wireless mouse with similar functionality, with a very similar shape. I have it in black (it’s pictured below in silver), and has the advantage of being symmetrical (i.e., its for both for left and right handed users). I got it for P1,200.

• harish says:
    May 6, 2008 at 8:34 pm

Luc, to be true, I am love with your style. I was looking around for how good header designs for blogs, and came to your website, and I am in love with it. My apologies for commenting in wrong post, but could not help.

Regarding the mouse, well ye, even I am going to buy it now.

• Luc says:
    May 7, 2008 at 5:15 pm

It’s alright. Thanks for your compliment :)

• Marko Novak says:
    May 13, 2008 at 5:55 pm

Believe it or not….I have exactly the same mouse and laptop :D and they both perform great.

• Vaughn D. Taylor says:
    Jun 12, 2008 at 11:48 pm

This is the best mouse I’ve ever used. I’ve been using it for about 1 year now (I’m a Creative Director for a web dev company), and it’s amazing. Responsive, fast, and accurate.

• Chris says:
    Sep 8, 2010 at 9:13 pm

If the laser is off to the right hand side of the mouse (which it is) the response will be poor and inaccurate for detailed work as you will often subliminally use your little finger as a pivot point on the edge of the mouse resulting in very limited registered movement. Never considered this an issue until I bought a Logitech M705 which is diabolical for accurate work.