People have been asking me how on earth did I manage to integrate my Twitter feeds on my blog. It’s really simple..I used a plugin called Twitter Tools.
Twitter Tools is a WordPress plugin created by Alex King that lets you create a complete integration of your WordPress blog and Twitter account.
With Twitter Tools you can:
- Archive your tweets
- Create a blog post from each of your tweets
- Create a tweet on Twitter whenever you post in your blog, with a link to the blog post
- Post a tweet from your sidebar
- Create a daily digest post of your tweets
- Post a tweet from the WP Admin screens
- Pass your tweets along to another service (e.g., Facebook)
- You can also choose the number of tweets you want to show in the sidebar.
So, here’s how to add Twitter on your blog.
- Download Twitter Tools plugin.
- Upload ‘twitter-tools.php’ file into your wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Login to your WordPress admin area and go to Plugins and click activate for Twitter Tools.
- Go to Options > Twitter Tools and set your Twitter info and preferrences.
- Open the wordpress file where you want to show your tweets (e.g., sidebar.php) and insert this code:
<?php aktt_sidebar_tweets(); ?>
- Lastly, update your wordpress file.
If you have any questions, I’d be happy to help if I know the answer. :)