Octwelve – A Web Designer's Blog by Luc Melgar

The Nuffnang Blog Awards 2009

October 27th, 2009 · 9 Comments

Finally, the carpet has been rolled and winners have been announced. Unfortunately, I didn’t make it.  But I still want to thank you all for voting and supporting me.  I know I’m the winner for you guys haha! That’s enough for me. Thanks! :) Too bad I didn’t have many pictures with my favorite bloggers! There were so many people that night. I felt so shy!! Ugh! Here’s a secret ….I hate wearing dresses!!

L on Nuffnang’s red carpet.

With my 3 friends and colleague, Jeff, Mischie and Raj.

With Jian Goh, a.k.a Akiraceo, also a Best Original Blog Design finalist. Check out his cute and funny blog. He’s great in cute illustrations. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as I do. :)

After the awards, all finalists gathered up on stage for a group picture.

Anyways…

Cheers to my fellow Filipinos, Mr. Gadget and Ironwulf for winning the Best Geek Blog and Best Travel Blog.  And ofourse, congrats to Xiaxue.blogspot.com (She’s a Singaporean), winner of Best Blog Design, Most Influential Blog, and Best Overall Blog.

Congrats to all the winners!

I’m so honoured to be one of the finalist of the first ever Nuffnang Asia Pacific Blog Awards 2009.

Cheers!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

9 responses so far

• Jayden says:
    Oct 28, 2009 at 12:02 am

Hi Luc! Please shoot me with a pistol now. I forgot to take photo with our table!!!! :(((((((

It’s nice to finally meet you though we didn’t get to speak alot! I really hope we can meet up some other time soon!

You know what? Let’s travel down to Kuching with phunkiefresh and find Jian Goh!! How about that!! Hahaha!

Last question! Do you twitter???

• Luc says:
    Oct 28, 2009 at 5:52 am

Hey Jayden! yeah I’m shooting you now! You are so right. I also forgot! You were quite far and the sounds are sooo loud. There’s really not a chance to chitchat.

Anyways, congrats man! Your video is really great.

Yep, my twitter is http://twitter.com/iamluc

I’m residing here in Singapore. So, see you when I see you :)

All the best!

• Lance says:
    Oct 28, 2009 at 7:50 am

Cool look :) Seems you’re the only one in red dress. haha :p Congrats to you Luc!

• Luc says:
    Oct 28, 2009 at 10:51 am

haha it’s a sea of black. But there are also some wearing red, pink, purple, green. But I’m telling ya, when I first entered, I wanted to run. I was like “omg it’s black!” haha

• jian aka miao says:
    Oct 28, 2009 at 4:25 pm

Woof Woof!!!!

Do let me know if you guys traveling to Kuching XD as I’m currently in Melaka XD hahaha

Second that Luc, I can’t listen to what Mishay (correct me if I’m wrong.. :P) was saying.

• Luc says:
    Oct 28, 2009 at 4:51 pm

Hey barking miao! nice to hear from you.
    Yah, my friend Mischie. Hope to see you guys again!

• Arnold aka Mr.Gadget says:
    Oct 29, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Hey Luc,

I’m not happy that we actually didn’t get to say hello to one another in person :(

Thanks for including me in this great post and hope to see you at next Nuffnang?

Regards,
    Arnold

• Luc says:
    Oct 29, 2009 at 7:02 pm

Hey Arnold! Yeah, you have no idea :( I’m really really hoping I could meet you in person. Anyways, come again in Singapore. And give me a shout. :)

• Ameer says:
    Jul 5, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Hey Luc, I really liked this design. Great work.